Which personal details are processed by Pensioenfonds PGB?
Dependent on your situation, Pensioenfonds PGB processes the following personal details if you:
- participate in one of Pensioenfonds PGB's pension schemes: first names and surname, initials, gender, date of birth, citizen service number (BSN), marital status, nationality, address details, telephone number, email address, pension number, various financial data (such as your IBAN-number), your present and previous employers, the duration of your employment, salary details, pension entitlements and benefits, evidence of a conscientious objection (people who object in principle to insurance on the basis of ideological beliefs), details about your occupational incapacity, personal details about your children (if any) and your current and former partner (partners);
- contact Pensioenfonds PGB: information which you provide in (electronic) correspondence and telephone contacts, audio recordings and contact details such as your first name and surname, initials, telephone number and email address;
- log in to Pensioenfonds PGB's participants' portal: your first name and surname, initials, telephone number, email address, your activities on the participants' portal and your preferred language;
- You can read more about cookies in our cookie statement;
- If you use Pensioenfonds PGB's investment choice-advice tool: your name, date of birth, gender, IP-adress, AOW-date, preferred language, choice of a stable or variable pension, details associated with your risk appetite and the investment profile you have chosen.
- If you make use of the Financial Insight Tool offered by Pensioenfonds PGB: initials, surname, date of birth, gender, choice of language, pensions from other pension providers, Social Insurance Bank (SVB) details, details regarding your attitude to risk and your chosen investment profile and, if you so wish, the personal details of your partner.
For which purposes does Pensioenfonds PGB process your personal details?
Pensioenfonds PGB is legally obliged to administer the pension schemes. Pensioenfonds PGB processes your personal details for a number of purposes, namely to:
- comply with legal obligations on the basis of pension legislation;
- ensure correct pension accrual and pension administration;
- establish and pay out pension entitlements correctly and completely;
- calculate the pension entitlements to be achieved (the prognosis);
- Privacy Statement Pensioenfonds PGB March 302021 2 / 4
- calculate and collect pension contributions;
- complete the national pension register;
- deal with complaints and disputes;
- undertake research;
- communicate with you through various channels;
- improve Pensioenfonds PGB's service provision.
On which legal grounds does Pensioenfonds PGB base its processing of your personal details?
Pensioenfonds PGB bases its processing of your personal details on the following legal grounds:
- legal obligations on the basis of pension legislation; and
- the promotion of both your legitimate interests and those of Pensioenfonds PGB.
From whom does Pensioenfonds PGB receive your personal details?
You provide Pensioenfonds PGB with personal details yourself. Dependent on your situation, Pensioenfonds PGB also receives your personal details from the following parties:
- current and former employers;
- the Person's Database (in Dutch: Basisregistratie Personen);
- the Chamber of Commerce and Trade (in Dutch: Kamer van Koophandel);
- Employee Insurance Agency (in Dutch: Uitvoeringsinstituut Werknemersverzekeringen);
- the pension administration offices and other intermediaries;
- pension insurers;
- other pension funds and pension administrators.
With whom does Pensioenfonds PGB share your personal details?
If the provision of your personal details to third parties is necessary to fulfil the purposes listed above, Pensioenfonds PGB will make your personal details available to third parties under terms and conditions drawn up by Pensioenfonds PGB and in accordance with the GDPR.
Pensioenfonds PGB has outsourced the execution of the pension administration to PGB Pensioendiensten B.V. (hereinafter "PGB Pensioendiensten"). To execute the pension administration, PGB Pensioendiensten has access to your personal details. Pensioenfonds PGB and PGB Pensioendiensten have concluded a processing agreement which provides for the processing and protection of your personal details. To be able to execute Pensioenfonds PGB's pension administration well, PGB Pensioendiensten brings in parties which may be given access to your personal details. The other parties with whom your personal details may be shared can be divided into the following categories:
- IT(security) providers;
- communication and research agencies;
- printing companies;
- current and former employers;
- accountants, auditors and advisers;
- dispute committees;
- the employee insurance agency (UWV);
- pension insurers;
- debt collection companies;
Pensioenfonds PGB will not pass your personal details on to international organisations and/or third-party countries outside the European Economic Area.
How long does Pensioenfonds PGB retain your personal details?
Amongst other things, Pensioenfonds PGB retains any personal details necessary to administer the pension scheme. Pensioenfonds PGB will not retain your personal details any longer than necessary for the purposes, listed above, which necessitate processing your personal details, unless Pensioenfonds PGB is legally obliged to retain your personal details for a longer period (for example on the grounds of pension or fiscal legislation).
Pensioenfonds PGB has established various retention periods and recorded these in a retention period policy. For more information about the retention periods, you may contact us.
How does Pensioenfonds PGB protect your personal details?
Pensioenfonds PGB treats your personal details extremely prudently and confidentially. Pensioenfonds PGB is constantly taking suitable measures to protect your personal details against loss, abuse, unauthorised access, undesired disclosure and any other form of unauthorised use. These measures are in line with the prevailing legal requirements in this respect.
What rights do you have under the GDPR?
Under the GDPR you are assigned various rights in respect of the processing of your personal details:
- right of access to your personal details: you are entitled to have access to your personal details and to information about the way these personal details are being processed;
- right to rectification of your personal details: you are entitled to have any incorrect and/or incomplete personal details amended;
- right to erasure of your personal details: in specific situations, you are entitled to have your personal details erased, unless there is a legal obligation to retain these personal details;
- right to restriction of processing: in specific situations, you are entitled to have the processing of your personal details temporarily halted, with the exception of the storage of your personal details;
- right to portability of personal details: in specific situations, you are entitled to acquire certain personal details in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable and interoperable format and to send these on to another controller;
- right to object: in specific situations, you are entitled to have the processing of your personal details temporarily halted.
If you wish to exercise your rights under the GDPR, you should make contact by sending an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or completing the online customer contact form or by sending a letter to
Pensioenfonds PGB, Customer Services, PO Box 2311, and 1180 EH Amstelveen. Within the stipulated statutory period, Pensioenfonds PGB will respond to your request to exercise your rights under the GDPR.
If you have any questions about the processing of your personal details or this privacy statement, you can also phone us on +31 (0) 20 541 82 00.
Can you submit a complaint?
You can submit a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority (in Dutch: Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens) if you are of the opinion that Pensioenfonds PGB has processed your personal details in contravention of applicable legislation, including the GDPR.
Data protection officer
Pensioenfonds PGB has appointed a Data Protection Officer who is responsible for the protection of your personal details email@example.com and PGB Pensioendiensten has also appointed a
Data Protection Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
Both the Data Protection Officer for Pensioenfonds PGB and the Data Protection Officer for PGB
Pensioendiensten have been appointed to ensure compliance with the GDPR and the protection of your personal details.
Amendments to this Privacy Statement
This privacy statement may be amended if changes are made to the management and/or business operations of Pensioenfonds PGB. We will inform you if any amendments are to be made to this privacy statement. Moreover, the most recent version of this Privacy Statement is always published on our website pensioenfondspgb.nl /privacy.
This (updated) privacy statement became effective on 30 March 2021.